AccessNSM’s inclined wheelchair platform lift (IPL) is the perfect solution for a home with stairs where someone cannot transfer to a wheelchair lift or needs to have a wheelchair on both levels of their home. This wheelchair lift meets or exceeds all National Safety Code (ANSI/ASME code) requirements and is ADA compliant with UL® and CSA certified components.
The two-rail design means the installation is simple and requires minimal stairway changes. There is no need to modify the walls because the rails are landing mounted. Standard lift capacity is 500lbs. Optional lift capacity is 750lbs.
Each IPL rail takes up just four inches of stair width when the unit is not in use, ensuring the safety and convenience of other family members and users. All the working mechanisms are concealed to offer a seamless, attractive appearance and optimum safety in homes and public buildings.
In the event of a power failure, standard battery backup will bring the wheelchair platform up and down multiple times depending on battery age, the height and the load, so users are never left stranded. This wheelchair platform lift can be installed with an automatically folding end ramp and guard that locks in place during operation.
Straight Stairway Wheelchair Platform Lift
— Features & Options
• Three directional switches, all within easy reach of the user: one on the platform, one at the upper landing and another at the bottom landing.
• 5-year limited warranty.
• Uses standard 110V power.
• Rail mounts directly to the stairs. No wall modification required.
• All switches are “momentary” (constant pressure) to meet safety code requirements.
• Wall mounted wheelchair lift controls available at a small additional cost.
• IPL power unit can be located almost anywhere at the bottom of the stairs, including an adjacent wall.
To learn more about our Straight Stairway Wheelchair Platform Lift IPL for your home, please CLICK HERE.