Wheelchair ramps, often referred to as Handicap Ramps, are one of the most universal ways to provide easy access to homes, schools, public places and businesses. People who use a mobility device such as a power or manual wheelchair or power scooter or even walkers will tell you what a welcome sight ramps are any time there are changes in elevation. In 2016, it was estimated over 2.2 million Americans depending on wheelchairs for mobility. Another 6.5 used canes, walkers or crutches to get around. There is a great need for wheelchair ramps in every arena of life. There are models for every situation.
Since each location is unique, the design and measurements will be individualized. Let one of NSM’s professionals measure and design the layout so it meets all ADA standards. They are knowledgeable in knowing how much space is needed for turns and the safe degree of angels. We carry National Ramp Wheelchair Ramps. Next you can decide which material to craft your ramp from.
Wooden Wheelchair Ramps
- The most economical investment up front
- Great choice for private residences or small apartments or businesses
- Pressure treated to endure weather
- Warm natural look which can be painted or stained to match any style
- Wood deck spacing to allow proper drainage
Steel Wheelchair Ramps
- Attractive, heavy duty powder coated steel has a three year warranty
- Textured flooring protects from slip and falls and allows for immediate drainage
- Due to its modular design, it can be quickly put into any configuration for your property
- The unique cone mounted rail guards offer extra strength and durability
- Since it holds up to 800lbs, it is a good choice for residential, public or commercial use
Aluminum Wheelchair Ramps
- Lifetime warranty and 100% maintenance free
- The only aluminum open mesh on the market. Offers amazing drainage
- Maximum traction for best safety feature
- Powder coated color options to complement style
- 800lb capacity makes it an excellent choice for commercial use
All of our Wheelchair Ramps are American made in modular sections making them the strongest safest and most durable ramps. The modular design makes them quick to install. NSM has a team of professionals to measure, design and install a ramp in your home or business to provide welcome access for wheelchair or scooter users. The local branch near you has an accessibility professional close by to consult with you at no obligation to help you choose whether you want a wood, steel or aluminum wheelchair ramp.